Last 6 months I’m looking not only Microsoft technologies. I’m using Objective-C and Python languages now.
I’ve awesome news: Microsoft released a new beta of the Python Tools for Visual Studio.
Python Tools for Visual Studio is a free & open source plug-in for Visual Studio 2010. The Python tools are put together by a small team from Microsoft’s Technical Computing Group and released on Codeplex.
An integrated environment for developing Python in VS2010
- Advanced editing, Intellisense, browsing, “Find all refs”, REPL, …
- Supports CPython and IronPython
- Local & Cluster/remote debugging
- Profiling with multiple views
- Interactive parallel computing via integrated IPython REPL
- Support for HPC clusters and MPI, including debugging support
- NumPy & SciPy for .Net
- Support for Cloud Computing (soon)
- Support for Dryad (large scale, data-intensive parallel programming) (soon)
- Free & Open Source (Apache 2.0)
There are a few screens: