15 of November was second day of SQL Server days. Whole day I spent in San Marco Village with 6 lectures. As I wrote in first topic you can find agenda here. I’ve choose following:
- Migrating applications to SQL Azure ( Cihan Biyikoglu)
- Ten Things Every Developer Should Know ( Kevin Kline)
- Extending the reach of Microsoft BI to virtually any mobile device ( Real Dolmen)
- Table indexing for the .Net developer ( Denny Cherry)
- iPad and PowerPivot ( Jennifer Stirrup)
- Extending to Public / Private cloud ( Lubor Kollar)
The today’s Cihan Biyikoglu’s lecture was more smarter for me and interesting (but maybe there is a reason because it was a first lectureJ). You can find some info here. I knew lots of information about federation in SQL Azure. It was absolutely new for me.
Lecture of Kevin Kline was completely fantastic. He’s really god speakers. There were funny jokes, some interesting images in presentation and ever Darth Vader’s song! The main topic of speech was performance in sql queries, selecting and improvement of your query and how developers can help and made DBA’s job J
The most interesting lecture for me was “Table indexing for the .Net developer” Denny Cherry. The information was absolutely useful and very high-oriented! I like the speaker, he wasn’t boring.
All other reports were really boring and nothing interesting.
In conclusion I would like to maintain SQL Server days 2011 has turned fine! Thank you all lectures for their time and job. I’s happy to be a part of this event! So now I very much look to the TechDays 2012.